My first blog but not new to blogging. I write this knowing I may never have anyone see this or if anyone does, it may not be for awhile or make any impact.
This blog will be a learning experience, a journey thru self control, a food blog and the discovery of the pretty girl hidden inside.
A little about me:
I am a 30-something, Sicilian who lives in St. Petersburg, Florida. I am a professional and have quite a few interests that I make myself tired sometimes. I am a total foodie and a pretty damn good cook and baker. I work in the professional stratosphere but I am extremely lucky to be able to telecommute and not deal with the corporate BS that looms out there.
I have two fur kids. I am a poodle fanatic and have a 3 yr old poodle named Gypsy who needs her own lap-band and a Pekingese named Manchu (as in the Fu Manchu). Not sure of his age but he is about 5-6 I think. He showed up on my doorstep as a stray the very day after my beloved poodle, Monet, passed away at 17 yrs tragically. (long - very ugly - sad story). Needless to say, he came to me for a reason.
I splurge on food, good wine, travel, music, my family and fashion. I am a music fiend by heart, an eco-friendly green pusher and lover of the arts.
With being a foodie, I became fluffy. I hate the word fat. It's ugly unless it's being discussed about the "good fats" in avocados. I just don't want to hear the word fat and my ass in the same sentence. I get it... I have extra and I want it off.
I have been up and down my whole life but always carried extra. I was never tiny. Never. But I was also never this heavy. I was a size 12/14 but with a cute shape in high school. Thru college and by the time I was 20, I didn't gain a freshman 15, I gained a freshman 60.
But then some things happened over time and I have gained, taken it off and gained it back plus more.
First time you ever heard this, right? Yah, exactly.
Except this time I decided to make a different type of change. More substantial and more permanent and more drastic and this is where my journey takes me. I am on the road to getting gastric banding.
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Send me some love, I am needy!