It's officially December 30th! I can't believe 2011 is coming to an end. It seems like it was a whirlwind. I remember as a kid all the adults telling us that it flies by when you get older. I am 37 and thought they meant much older.
I went and had a gel manicure and pedicure today and was sitting at my salon I have been going to for years. It was pretty quiet which I was surprised. As I was chatting it up with the ladies, I remember sitting in there last year at this exact time and it felt like it was only a couple of months ago. I was picking out my sparkly nails for a night out on the town. So quick.
As 2011 comes to a close, I am excited to not make a NYE resolution that I know I will fail at once again... losing weight. I am going into 2012 with a new confidence as I know the band will change my life once and for all.
2 yrs ago I contemplated getting the band. I have great insurance and made an appt with the same surgeon I am with today. I read his website and the users comments (smaller and less frequented site as lapbandtalk.com) and then chickened out. I apparently wasn't mentally ready. I read the stories of vomiting a lot and PB'ing and getting stuck and the foods I would never be able to eat again. I am 100% Sicilian. To me, that scared the beezeejus out of me that I may NEVER taste the sacred pasta again. I wasn't ready to end my love affair. I don't have issues with chips and candy and junk food. That isn't my vice. I am a food snob. I want truffle pastas and homemade sauces, truffle pom frittes, garlicky gooness on bread... I am a certified carb addict in the pasta, potato and ice cream (occasional) variety. Sugary cereals mean nothing to me.. but tell me I can never have my amazing lasagna again and I would bite your head off. - Until later this year that is.
Something clicked. Something changed. My internal voice that was so scared telling me to run like hell and join WeightWatchers for the 1 billionth time told me it was time. Time to stop making excuses and time for the girl that is trapped inside for way too long to emerge.
See, I love fashion just as much as that pasta. That my friends is what is going to help me on this new journey. I will trade french fries for smaller sizes and I think that is a good compromise, don't you think??
So closing out 2011, a lot has transpired this year. Some great things and some not so great things. But I know 2011 is going to FINALLY BE MY YEAR!!
So I say Cheers, Slainte, Op uw gezonheid, A vortre sante, Salud, Salute, and Prosit to my fellow readers, bandsters or people on the beginning path like myself. This is your year too!
Happy New Years - Until 2012.
what year is it again? jk! I just started following you our journey start date is going to be very close my last supervised diet visit is January 25th. Can't wait to follow you through our journeys
ReplyDeleteThat is what happens when you write your blog at 3am. Need sleep! LOL - I was in a timewarp.
ReplyDeletehey girl! new follower here... www.diaryofafatwhitewoman.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to following your journey - and I can relate - I am more than able to go the rest of my life without candy or sweets - but the idea of never eating my pizza again?! GASP. LOL
New follower -- I just love love love gel mani/pedi. I just moved to the country from the the city so my MIL was kind enough to get me the starter gel kit so I could do mine at home. I love it!
ReplyDelete