Well I received a call from the bariatric specialist this morning. She said she received the paperwork from my PCP and was writing up the chart to send to my insurance. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield Independence if anyone is interested. She said I would hopefully hear within 30 days.
So then off I went. I went and had lunch with someone I had not met previously. During Christmas I told my brothers girlfriend about my efforts to get the band. She mentioned her sister in law had it a year ago and had lost a ton of weight. We called her on Christmas morning and she was so helpful and encouraging and said she would like to meet me eventually.
Today was the day! I met her in front on the YMCA where she works out with a trainer on Tuesdays. I pulled up and there were 3 thin ladies sitting out there so I had no idea who she was. Yep - she was one of the thin ones! She looks fabulous.
Off we went. We walked around a farmers market in a neat city called Gulfport. Once a month they also have a clothing swap. You bring 5 pieces of clothes and you pick out 5 pieces. This has nothing to do with bariatric surgery, it actually helps out the CASA shelter (abused women).
She said this has been a great tool for her while she flies thru sizes.
Then off we went to lunch. I was able to sit with a bandster and watch how they eat, see the portion and bite sizes, see if anything was off or different or screamed, "I HAD WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY". Nope... normal.
I felt like I have known her for years and we instantly clicked. Talk about inspiration. She showed me her before picture at approx 329 and it wasn't the same person in front of me. She lost over 140 pounds but she also looks like she lost 20 yrs.
So after we departed, I was driving and saw my surgeons office calling again. This time it was another person on the line. I figured she was calling to tell me I missed some paperwork or I need something else.
Nope.
I had to pull the car over.
She said I was submitted at 1:00 pm EST and she was calling with an APPROVAL at 3:30 PM EST. No way - is this real?? An approval that quick??
I started crying in my car because all of a sudden it was real and it was happening!!! I then called my mom, Zack and some friends. I am still in shock as I write this.
I have a surgery date of February 3rd, a Friday. I will come into the office and pick up my Optifast this Monday and start it next Friday.
This is it people... This is it.
*BIG SMILES*
So excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!! What great news - WOOT!!! And following such a wonderful day with an inspirational bandster, too - Hooray!!
ReplyDeleteYAYAYA!!!! We will ALMOST share bandiversary's! Mines Feb 4th! :)
ReplyDeleteYahoo!! That's fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteOmg I almost cried for you when I read this! Hot diggety that has to be the quickest turnaround from insurance I have read about so far. So happy for you Lisa!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! You rock! New follower here and I love forward to reading your journey. PS: I am newly banded. It is EXCITING!
ReplyDeleteWhoot!!! Holla!!!!
ReplyDeleteSoooo happy for you!!!! Best of luck. I just got home from getting banded. I feel great!! Just some nausea but nothing alarming.
ReplyDeleteLISA!! I am so so excited for you. Sending up Lots of prayers for you. When things are supposed to happen, they just fall in place! It will be here before you know it. p.s. this new yellow and grey background is hot to death!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone!!! xoxox I am beyond the moon :)
ReplyDeleteI'm slow to say YEAH!!!!! I'm right behind you in March. Can't wait to watch your journey! Good luck I'm so happy for you! BOOBs here we come!!!!!!
ReplyDelete