I wanted to post and do a product review of something that is going to be life changing for me.
Yes you read that right, life changing.
If I haven't driven it home quite enough, I am 100% Sicilian. With that, I am 100% addicted to carbs such as pasta. There has been a sad realization that I may never be able to eat pasta again. Some can, many can't. And even if I can, it's not the healthiest option right?
Well say hello to my little friend....
Angel Hair Pasta.... Mmmm. Wait, no it's not! It's Angel Hair Zucchini.
This super cool contraption made it:
I sorta feel like Dan Aykroyd with the Bass-O-Matic machine in an infomercial. I did work at HSN so maybe it's all coming to fruition now.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/19046/saturday-night-live-bassomatic
But seriously, the dinner was amazing! I used 2 and a half zucchinis to make this bowl of angel hair. I then put it in boiling water for about 2 minutes and it was perfect. I then drained it. I sprayed olive oil mister on it, chopped basil, tons of fresh chopped garlic, sea salt and then for the non pre-opers eating it, some Parmesan cheese. Mmm's, Oooh's and Ahh's in abundance.
I bought it off of Amazon for around 30 dollars and I have a feeling I will definitely get my money worth!
You can also make apple chips, sweet potato fries, roasted veggie chips and more.
I also think it would be fantastic with my homemade meat sauce for spaghetti marinara eventually. It beat out Spaghetti Squash hands down and I almost forgot it was a veggie.
OMG! YOU may have changed my life with this! I am going to pick some zucs on my way home tonight!
ReplyDeleteMangia!
Onward!
Judi
that is awesome...now if only I could have vege's on my preop diet....
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I cannot view the pics. Can you email me the name of whatever this contraption is?
ReplyDeleteAAAHHHHHH, I can't see the pics either!! I like spaghetti squash but if this whatever-it-is can make a zuke taste like angel hair....woo hoo!!
ReplyDeleteLet us know the word on tomorrow's banding, ok? Fingers crossed up here for you!
Amen on the spaghetti squash. Also, check out dreamfields pasta. It tastes wonderful. I can't remember all of the details, but the way it is made, your body only digests 5 net carbs per serving. It's exactly the same as pasta.. so if you can't get regular pasta down you won't get this down. But if you can get it down, it's a much healthier option
DeletePreBand - I LOVE Dreamfields. It is my go-to pasta for low carbs and you are right .... it's totally low carb and you can't tell. If I can't handle it tho, I am happy this is a great alternative and super healthy and another way to sneak in veggies. But if I am able to eat pasta, Dreamfields will def be in my pantry!
DeleteThat looks crazy cool!!! I am not so much on zucchini but I do love yellow squash -- do ya think it would work with yellow squash?
ReplyDeleteThat's really neat. I might just have to invest in one of those. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete