Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quack, Quack, Quackery

Paging Dr. Quack


First off - thank you to everyone for responding yesterday and today about my surgeon and the lack of nutritional guidelines I have.

I think I am doing ok and not going by that advice.  I just wanted to hear from others on amounts of protein I should be going after. 

I definitely get my water in and I am 99% most of the days on target for protein. I even just ordered protein shots as a just in case scenario to have them as backup.

I think I am ok.. and I am eating VERY healthy. No processed foods, all organic and I still add some fruits when I want and crave them.  This is for life, I am not going to NOT have something for the rest of my life, especially healthy antioxidant berries.

But again, thank you everyone for your experiences, input, perspective and comments.  They help and guide me and make sure I am not crazy!! 


On another note - I found my old Weight Watchers booklet.  I thought I was at my lowest weight but I realized I am not.  As of today, I am 232.  When I quit WW (before I gained and rejoined) - my lowest was 224.8 at 30 pounds loss. (By the way - It took me from March until October to reach 30 pounds - CRAZY!!!)

So my new mini goals are as follows:

10 pounds for month of March (I am currently at 7).
224 to get to lowest WW weight
216 to get to weight that Z met me
199 to get to Onederland for the first time since I was around 18/19.  I can't even fathom this right now but KNOW I WILL!!! 

Pretty good mini's I think and very motivating for me. I will make the next goals as I get close to seeing a ONE at the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. I eat a lot of fruit, and it hasn't affected my weight loss at all - I'm currently down 52 lbs and counting, so if you want to have a few berries here and there or an apple, I really wouldn't worry about it - just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been doing so well this whole time by researching what is healthy and what you know is right for your body. Keep it up! :) Girlfriend, you are 31 lbs away from Onederland and I am 39 lbs away! If we can both lose a little more than 1 lb a week ..... we'll both be under 200 by September... which means Boobs is basically going to be mandatory. mmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love!! Love Love Love this post! We are SO CLOSE!!

      Delete
  3. Hey we can check out Dr. Walters Chicago location when were at BOOBS - LOL

    Great goals! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!