Monday, January 16, 2012

Va-Va-Va-Vooooom!

I saw a picture today and fell in love with it.  It had me thinking about beauty in general.  I think the screen sirens of the 40's and 50's were absolute stunners. Women with class, beauty and feminine qualities I admire.

Last night while watching the Golden Globes, I was looking at some of today's stars and was thinking how gaunt, thin, unhappy and starving they all look.  There are a few exceptions to the rule of course. Some are tiny and gorgeous naturally while others look like they eat lemons for their 3 meals. Kate Winslet is definitely a real stunner with a real body.

Now while I am trying to get thinner and beautiful, I definitely don't have any interest in being SKINNY.  I love curves and I like looking like a woman.

While my current shape fits more into the following pillowy rubenesque category which I am not happy with:


But check this out and look at the beauty of the yester years:


2 comments:

  1. When my son was little, he told me that he loved me because I was "snuggable." It was such a lovely boost to my ego at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!