Thursday, February 9, 2012

10 Things Thursday!

Better late than never...  ;)

1) I can't believe tomorrow is my one week Post Op already. I was sitting here last week at this time with my mom thinking about what was coming in the AM. I had a nervous stomach and was trying to talk myself off the ledge.

2) Each day is getting better and better pain wise. I am still port sore but it's so much easier than 2 days ago.

3) I am getting beyond stir crazy in this house. I haven't left since surgery and I am about to go postal. I hope this weekend bring some fun.

4) I just booked our big condo for the 4th of July.  I will be at the beach with my family for the week. Then soon after, I have my 20th High School Reunion at the beach as well.  This reallllly motivates me since a lot of bathing suit time will be involved.

5) Hunger is still rearing it's ugly head. I feel like a weirdo that I was banded a week ago and I could eat a horse. I thought the swelling would keep me from wanting food for quite a while.

6) Gas. Yes I said it. Gas.  In the almost 7 yrs I have been with Zack, I have NEVER passed gas in front of him. In fact, I have NEVER in front of any guy I have been with.  Well my body sounds like the horn section of the Philharmonic Orchestra. Uggg. I keep pretending it isn't what it really is.
Like earlier this evening, I squeaked a nearby dog toy so he thought it was that.

7) I have been a bitchy cranky pants today. Florida has a jacked up winter season and has been in the 70's & 80's the past 2 months. I already have tons of yellow pollen all over my car. I woke up with the worst sinus headache today and it won't go away.

8) I peeked at the scale today and it's teetering at 240. I am SO hoping that for my one week bandiversary, it will show a "3" in the middle number. 

9) I am a self confessed foodie. I am also really into cooking shows. I noticed as I was watching 2 back to back DVR'd Top Chef episodes tonight it probably wasn't the best thing to be watching while I am starving. LOL

10) I have a close friends Wedding Shower on Feb 25th. I will be on mushy foods by then and I wondering if I should bring my own food and how that will be. I haven't told everyone yet of my surgery so I don't want to bring a lot of attention to myself.  Anyone have any advice?

6 comments:

  1. With regard to the wedding shower- I would definitely do some recon on the menu. If there are suitable options -- go for it. But I am an over planner so if I were in your shoes I would totally have a couple yogurt cups or protein shakes in my purse. Something you could consume discreetly. Maybe start laying the groundwork a few days in advance about some non-descript "tummy troubles" that necessitate your special foods???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, glad the pain is easing up each day. My port still aches for a short time now and then, but most of the time I'm not aware of it. The gas goes away (isn't that good news?!) -- just give it time. Seven years w/out passing gas in front of your significant other is quite a record :-) Can you eat something before the wedding shower and then keep yourself busy helping your friend once you're there. The best friends are always super busy at showers, right?! Have a great weekend and enjoy the change of scenery out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted! Although I did have to laugh about the dog toy :) I've already starting laying my own groundwork on the gaseous front - I keep reminding DH and the kids that I'll be a rootin' tootin' gal for a while.

    When is your follow up appointment? Are you on full liquids yet?

    You are doing well, Lisa - and I'm cheering you on from the cold, cold North!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better! I am a foodie too and now have to be careful what I watch and make sure I'm not starving when I watch NoReservations or some other show....or I end up pigging out after! Ha in the gas front! I couln't imagine not farting in front of Mo! I usually blame the dog! Don't worry the gas will pass..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! You will get to start adding exercise soon right? It has been just beautiful here in Phoenix so I have been outside doing something everyday..walking, bbq(sorry food reference) playing with the dog and kid..washing my car. I have to stay off the food network right now because of the liquid diet thing...I did watch fat chefs last night that one is starting to be one of my favorites. Oh' the 240's can't wait to see those numbers and the 230's even better...that was my wedding weight....but Onderland...that is the golden prize for me! Good luck and hang in there solids are coming and soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 years???? Lord, I'm not even sure I went 7 days...it's a form of entertainment in this house full of boys :)

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!