Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tales from the Unnerving Scale

My scale doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I am only eating around 800-1000 calories and it just stalls or creeps up.

I know I don't have a fill but it is a bit discouraging.  I am seriously dieting tho and eating the smallest amount I ever have. 

I can't wait for my first fill in March even though I hear it may not do a thing for me. My surgeon did state that he is aggressive with getting us to the green zone and not piddle paddling around.

With all that said:  I know I need to exercise more.

I have NO idea why this is so hard. I want to. I have great intentions to do it and then I don't.  

Our weather is beyond stunning. There is NO excuse for my laziness so what is going on in my head that makes me sedentary??! 

I ordered:  Biggest Loser for Wii, Just Dance for Wii, ChaLean Extreme videos

They are on a truck and should be delivered by Saturday.

Anyways - I am tired of beating myself up... 

I just have 2 big events in April & one in May. 

I have a friends wedding and will see a ton of people I have known since high school. It's going to be an uber hip, sassy and artsy wedding and I really need to look good for it.

Then a few days later, we are flying to Chicago for a big birthday party. Lots of amazing restaurants and jazz clubs. I really want to look hip and sassy for this event as well.

Then about 2 weeks after that, we are heading to New Orleans for Jazz Fest.

I have a month and a half and need to get this show on the road to get some of this booty off.

On another note - Tonight is a concert I have been waiting months for.   Radiohead! 

Happy Humpday Everyone!

14 comments:

  1. The first few weeks were very frustrating for me too. About week 3 I was so hungry my stomach thought my throat had been cut. Hang in there...it does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at Radiohead! My boyfriend loves them. He saw them in VA a few years ago and he said they were great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go easy on yourself. You were literally JUST banded, you can't expect huge losses right away. It's very common to see a slow start. So don't beat yourself up. The beginning is what everyone calls bandster hell until you get your first fill and can really get your feet under you. I'm glad you have a relatively aggressive surgeon - getting to the green zone is the goal! Sounds like you've got a great attitude, and the tools in place, so just let your body do it's thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Lisa - this is a huge change and your body is adjusting. Be gentle with yourself!

    You *will* look beautiful at your events, and you *will* reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try eating around 1,000 calories (or try Weight Watchers online - much easier to count points) and keep exercising. I had the same problem (I was banded on 12/30) and once I quit starving myself, the weight came off easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, get to 100-1200 calories. Your body could be in starvation mode. It helped me when I had the same thing around this point. I know it is hard but try in for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I've learned to do is, love myself unconditionally no matter where I'm at. And it's a huge relief when I do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am jealous of your travels! i hate being stuck in one place for too long, always have.

    you can do it girl, you're aware and that's the first step to change! NOW only if I could listen to my own advice....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your new blog layout every time I see it! :)

    Sorry you're struggling right now, but it gets better. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the others who said to increase your calories. I hit a similar stall at 2 weeks after surgery and was getting very frustrated...my husband suggested that I increase my calories and when I did I started losing again...i know it's frustrating, but hang in there, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!~ I know with as few a calories we are eating we should be dropping the weight....thats what myfitnesspal says...but not what our bodies are doing.....damn them all to hell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there Lisa...... I am sending you mega weight loss vibes through my screen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Radiohead put on a great show! :)

    Sorry the scale isn't moving, maybe you should try upping your intake by 100 calories or so, see if that helps? Or don't listen to me, I have no idea what people need. lol

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!