With that said.. I need to confess, I need accountability and I need to express I now know what that mystery Bandster Hell is.
So last week I went to my post op appointment. I was down officially on the Dr's scale 23 pounds which I was happy with. He was very happy as well. However, he never even looked at my incisions. I expressed I had a major allergic reaction to the steri strips and had red welts all over me. He just smiled and told me to take benedryl and use cortisone lotion. I found it odd.
It takes me 40 minutes to drive there. I then waited in the waiting room for over an hour and a half and was seen for literally 4 minutes.
Ahem - anyway.
I feel at 100% now. I have ZERO pain. No port pain or anything. My incisions look amazing and I can also eat anything. I really wonder if he actually put the band in lol.
So last week - life was fun, hectic and social.
Wednesday - met one of my girlfriends to go shopping for a mutual friends wedding shower. We then went to dinner after. I had Beef Carpaccio (appetizer), a little bit of salad and a couple bites of eggplant and one tiny shrimp. I also had my first glass of wine since Pre-Op diet.
Thursday - I met my mom and grandmother for a girl's night and movie. We went to PF Changs and I had a few edamame, one lettuce wrap with a little chopped chicken and 2 small slices of ahi tuna. Oh and one more glass of wine.
Friday - We met up with a mutual friend for happy hour and to try a new New Orleans/Creole restaurant that just opened. Amazing food. The table ordered a few appetizers. One was a trio of crab cakes. They were thin and very small and almost zero filler. All crab and amazing. I had one. I also ordered for my dinner corn and crab chowder. I ate about a 1/4 of the bowl. Oh and then for the rest of the night, I had THREE glasses of wine.
Saturday - I woke up with an excruciating wine headache. Not fun. I downed two propel zero's, oolong tea and crystal lite and felt a lot better.
I then went to my friends wedding shower. The food was not very band friendly but I was able to eat 2 teenie tea sandwiches squares. They were about a half dollar size. I also had one endive leaf filled with feta and walnuts. I also had a few bites of fruit salad. Then the most divine lemon chiffon cake was served. I had a small to medium size piece in front of me. I ate about 4 bites and then shoved it at my friend who didn't get a piece and she finished it. I am proud that I resisted SEVERAL glasses of mimosas and had none. After the wine headache, I wasn't into it. (
Saturday night - We met more friends at an incredible Gourmet Mexican Restaurant in funky downtown Dunedin. The whole theme is Day of the Dead and religious candles everywhere. Very beautiful inside and every hour on the hour, they have a Cirque show with crazy acrobats. Pretty wild.
Zack and I shared food and I had some Ceviche and a 1/2 of a small lobster taco (without the tortilla). I had about 3 chips and salsa, 2 teaspoons of black beans and 1 plantain. Oh and 2 glasses of sangria.
Then we headed over to an Irish Pub. They only had beer which I knew I couldn't have. I ordered a hard cider just to have in front of me and had about 2 sips and didn't care that I wasted it.
Then we walked down to a martini bar and I ordered a water with lime and used some of my acai punch drink powder and pretended to have a mocktail.
Today - I promptly went and GYM shopped. This week - Back on super lite and healthy foods and zero alcohol.
I so overindulged on the liquid gold. The scale didn't go up but I know it more gluttonous than I should have been.
It teeters between a 23 and 25 pounds loss. I will officially weigh myself tomorrow and see where I stand.
I went today to: a Golds Gym (about a mile from my house), a place called Orange Theory which is amazing but is $150 a month and I think that's too damn much and then a Shapes but it's way too long of a drive to go.
I think I am settled on Golds Gym. It's not my first preference because the guys are drop dead gorgeous and I am intimidated by such adonis'. However, it was spotless, new equipment, inexpensive, a wide range of classes and so close.
I also went and bought a tennis racket and a ton of balls and am meeting two friends who want to start playing during the week nights.
Hopefully this will pull my head out of my rump and get the scale moving DOWN. I don't have a fill until March 12th so I need to do something.
So glad you had a fun filled week and caught us up here in blog land...I missed your posts!!! Hope you have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteWow - you have been busy! You know what to do, and you have your plan for doing it - that's good. Have a great week at the gym and keep posting! You're my role model for post-op :)
ReplyDeleteoh you little social butterfly. I think you should congratulate yourself for holding back...all that eating out and you did not gain! that is awesome. I can tell my appetite is increasing each day so waiting for my first fill is going to be hell....but what sucks is that I hear it really takes 3-4 fills to really feel it.ughhh
ReplyDeleteLady, you are doing GREAT! Keep up all your plans, and stay focussed, and you will be just fine. Bandster Hell sucks, we've all been there, and you are going to be just fine. That gyms sounds amazing, btw, what a great resource!
ReplyDeleteYay! You're back I missed you! 23 pounds is AWESOME!!!!! Sounds like your doctor isn't getting any and taking it out on his patients... what a d-bag.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!! So great 23 lbs. Do you feel it? You're inspiring me to look forward to after band. I love that you love food and still enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteAre you planning on going to the BOOBS in Chicago in September ?
Glad to see that you are blogging again! I, like you, probably drank too much alcohol but I went without for so long that I couldn't resist. I found some sugar-free Margarita mix that isn't too bad...no carbs compared to the regular which is 29 carbs. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete