Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Ten things Thursday, brought to us by the lovely Laura

1) I am starving right now.  Sorry this didn't open nicely but the rumbling is on my mind.  With that said, I have amazing Indian chicken that has been marinating in Greek yogurt with Indian spices in the oven. Normally we grill the chicken but my mister is the grill master and he is still at work.   I will be pairing it with sauteed spinach and roasted brussel sprouts.

2) I have been sick since Monday. Like SUPER sick.  Severe chest cold/Upper Respiratory Infection and a ton of asthma. I am on a dose of Zithromax. My PCP thinks because I didn't finish my last pack which was the week of surgery, it has come back with a vengeance. With that said, I BETTER BE BETTER BY SAT MORNING FOR GIRL'S WEEKEND - See Previous Blog Post

3)  Have you all seen the KONY 2012 Video and massive effort on F-book?  What do you think about it? A ton of exposure for something that is a definitely a horrible plight against children.   There is a lot of talk and speculation about the charity in charge so I am unsure how to think. Awareness is a good thing I think.
As much as I have issues with many of our own US policies, I am thankful I wasn't born in a 3rd world country or in a country that is war torn. How do you ever have a chance in life?

4) Since I went serious, I will be serious again.  Every day on the news, they are discussing a lot of random public shootings.  At hospitals, schools, gov't buildings, etc..   Just seems like there have been a lot lately and it's disturbing.

5) Hell froze over today. Pat Robertson said he supports legalizing Marijuana.  What the?   Is it is opposite day?

6)  My poodle has stubby short legs (just like her human mom). She is extremely rambunctious and 2 yrs ago was SO excited from me returning from a 30 minute grocery trip (doesn't take a lot!), that she flew into a small step and dislocated her hip. We had to have massive surgery and she has a bionic hip on one side.   Well the past few days she has been hitting her other leg from being insane as well.  Dear Lawd Almighty, PLEASE don't let us repeat that vet experience.  Uggg - seeing her screaming AND the 2k vet bill El-Sucketh!
Last night I had an ice pack on her hip and was massaging her leg as I was hacking up my lungs.  We are fun!

7) Why didn't I think of creating Spanx?  That woman who invented them grew up super close to my house and knows mutual friends and now the bish is a multi billionaire.  I need to invent something.

8)  I am getting REALLLLLY exciting about next months trip to Chicago. We are planning amazing Jazz clubs and really fab foodie dinners.  I will be down 30+ by then I hope so I have NO seatbelt plane fears anymore - WOO HOO

9) Tomorrow is Z (my mister) and my anniversary.  We aren't married, we both tried that once but may do it again in so many years. Right now I am ok how just living in sin ;)   I will have a bigger love post tomorrow about it with some fun pics. It's all typed up in draft.

10)  SEND ME SOME HEALING VIBES. I need to get rid of this funk so we can have our fabu Anniversary evening tomorrow and the wonderful girl's weekend on Sat/Sun.

10 comments:

  1. Opposite day...lol.

    My little girl has short legs too, but my boy has super long skinny legs. My poor little girl has gained a few pounds and has a hard time even jumping up on the couch now...I told her I was gonna get her a puppy lapband :)

    Sending get well vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG my poods is super tubby too and I tell her almost daily when she literally cries LOUDLY for any food that she needs her own lapband!! LOL Hysterical!

      Delete
  2. I've been sick too - it sucks! Are you coming to Chicago in Sept for BOOBs too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does suck!! I am REALLLLLY trying to make it in Sept to BOOBs!! I have a vacation to Mexico around the same time so trying to see if I can make it work logistically. I will hopefully know for sure in a week. Really Really want to!

      Delete
  3. Get Better Now. It's almost the weekend!!

    Scope out Chicago and then come back in September - I'm tentative for now, but may be looking for a roomie :)

    Happy Sin-iversary! How long have you two been a wanton couple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!! I will def do some scoping - it's one of my fave cities! I REALLY want to go to BOOBs!! Thanks for the wishes - 6 yrs tomorrow :)

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary Lisa! I hope you wake up feeling better today--at least better enough for all your weekend celebrations. Maybe the ice and rest (how do you make a poodle rest?!) will help with the hip, hope so. Your dinner sounds FABULOUS by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh the hunger...I am praying that first fill does something for you! I also hope you feel better soon! Boobs....yay...I still don't have a roomate...know of anyone who needs one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are better today and have a fantastic time with your man!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I hope you don't have any problems with your little lady's leg! Hopefully it was just a change in weather or something giving her some problems. :(

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!