Razzmatazz!
Heading out tomorrow early afternoon to Chicago and I am pretty excited about this trip.
We are staying at a gorgeous hotel with an amazing James Beard awarded restaurant which has a ton of history. Pair those together, it's my style!
I technically postponed my 2nd fill because of this trip because I will be with a big group of people who do not have a clue about my band. Oh and I also want to eat!
At this point, I can eat ANYTHING. I don't have to chew to shreds, I can eat pretty fast and I have never been stuck. I still eat smaller amounts and stay full for long periods but let's face it.... I am not losing fast right now and can eat like a champ at this point.
With that said... as I was packing yesterday and today - and after looking at the COLD temps for Chicago... I had to drag my massive under bed storage bag of all my winter items out. Here is Florida, we did not have a winter - at -all - this year. So I basically didn't buy many cute new winter clothes because I didn't need much. A few pieces here and there.
So I pulled out what I have and tried on all my outfits and everything looked big and frumpy and two sizes too big. Utter freak out as I am leaving in a few hours... what the heck was I going to do??!!
I ran to a close department store and managed to find a few cute Michael Kors XL sweaters and was able to pair with a couple turtlenecks I have. Sweaters were el cheaparooney since all the Spring wear is out. Oh well - I didn't really want to buy anything but at least I will look cute. That's all that matters in my world of chubby vanity!
Anyways - weather is up in the air but we are planning museums, The Art Institute, Frank Lloyd Wright house, architecture tour and 3 absolutely foodie-heaven dinners. We are attending a close friends birthday and all of Z's best friends and college buddies are coming in for it with their spouses and sig others. I know a few of them and they are all a lot of fun so this should be a great trip with a lot of memories after.
I will post a full picture blog when I get back.
On the home front, it's been TOM but weight is still between a loss of 29-33 pounds. Not nearly enough. I see changes in my body but I need to kick this into high gear with fill #2 on the 19th. I have SO much going on this month and next and so much entailing dinners with friends, events, travel etc that I have been paranoid about getting filled. I need to wrap my mind around it all and move forward and not be so afraid.
I have also been going to Zumba twice a week. I LOVE this instructor... she is the lady who I went to for about a year before I re-fatted and quit it all. I went back, and the class didn't kick my ass but I kicked IT'S ass! I walk out with about 10,000 steps, drenched and a MASSIVE smile on my face.
I am glad to at least enjoy something that entails moving.
I hope my banding sisters have an excellent rest of the week! I will be back next Tuesday.

Have a wonderful trip!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip...can't wait to see pics...I live vicarously thru you...your jet set life seems like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI am with Jenn...all your journey's are a hoot to read about!! Be safe and have a ball!!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog... I had a lapband installed in March of 2010, I got 1/2 way through my journey and now I am working at being revised to the Gastric Bypass to get the rest of the way to goal. I am happy to be a new follower. *Maria*~DiZneDiVa:Blogger from "This One Time at Band Camp... 1 vs 300" Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteNew follower here--- just wanted to say that I am loving following your journey. I am hoping to be banded in early July. Also want to point out that I am super jealous of your amazing on-the-go life! I am a lover of travel, anything cultural (music, art, museums, etc) but unfortunately do not have the friends to support it ( I am a goon who has not yet become comfortable doing anything by myself). Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great trip!
ReplyDelete