Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Checking in

It's a few days before Christmas and I feel like I am getting in way too many "last meals". I am not going in overload or anything but I keep thinking... "This may be the last time I can ever eat this".  I realize I need to break up with food.


On another note, I am still plugging along with my appointments. I went into my monthly supervised weigh in's with my PCP and managed to lose a few pounds from last months even tho it's the holidays and I haven't been trying.   I will say my next appointment may be a VERY different story.  Holiday parties, Christmas, wine tasting parties, New Years Eve parties, baking a ton of Italian Cookies and dunking a couple in my coffee every few days (yum!) a sip of low fat eggnog, etc...   It's such a gluttonous time of year.


My last appointment is with my PCP on January 6th. Then she will write the letter of medical necessity and I will be submitted to Insurance. Once I get the clear, I will go in for lab work, get a surgery date, an EKG and chest x-ray.  I had my psyche eval last week. He was a fantastic guy and is considered the "LapBand" psychiatrist. He runs a support group and was very knowledgeable about the subject. It was extremely encouraging and I know I can see him again for free at the support group meetings he holds at the hospital of where my surgery will be performed.  He thought I was very ready and would do great with it. 


Other than that, I am wrapping a million gifts and trying to wear all my holiday outfits I bought. While they are cute, I am hoping I will never wear them again :) 


Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to anyone who may read this. I somewhat feel like this is a black hole and no one has read them. 


Some photos from recent outings and I think one of my "Before" photos. I thought I looked cute when I left the house but after seeing these photos... ooooof.


One is from this past weekend's Winter Solstice Party with my friend I have known since childhood. I was pretty toasted by the end of the night and told him I was getting a Lap-Band. His response, "WHY"? You don't need it. In my mind I did ok convincing him but since I had about 4 winter white cosmos and 2 Lychee Martini's, I have no clue. I may need to circle back on that convo!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love, I am needy!