Thursday, January 5, 2012

Boobs

The reason I started blogging was after discovering this secret world of blogging banding sisters. I discovered this amazing group of women in a group called Boobs.  Talk about inspiring me and really helping me solidifying that I am READY to take on this journey.

So I secretly cyber-stalked many of their blogs for MONTHS. One after another and I still keep discovering more each day.  It's like a secret society of acronyms of boobs, byoc and more.

One day I hope to infiltrate this group and be invited into their secret banding world.  In the meantime, I am trying so hard to get my insurance requirements met.

Tomorrow is the LAST supervised weigh in and I am excited that my paperwork will be submitted. I am not leaving the office until my letter of surgery necessity and recommendation are faxed to my surgeon. I was told ahead of time they would do it while I was there.

Oh ladies, please oh please oh please send me your good vibes for a quick and easy-peasy approval!!

And if anyone needs another boob, I am so your girl. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Good vibes coming your way....however, I am an even bigger proponent of Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, VSG...I've been banded and now I'm not. Its a world of difference! Good luck either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you many vibes!!!!! I am so excited for you, I hope you get a quick response. I too am following quite a few of the boob ladies and love how they all get along so well. It really is a sisterhood. If you get inducted bring me in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending GOOD GOOD vibes your way!!

    And thanks for the comment, also! :)

    A little tip - if you go to your blogger profile and add an email address, people can respond back to your comments (like me! lol) - I highly suggest it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with insurance submission!!! How exciting. :)

    Also, thanks for the comment! Anyone can be a BOOB, I guess I could do the official induction. :)

    I name thee "BOOB."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a BOOB :)

    Good luck with the insurance - sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHa! Lisa I want to be a boob too!! Praying that the little bizzer @ your insurance company that gets your paperwork is in a good mood when he/she gets it. My husband had 2 co-morbidities and much more supporting paperwork than I did. I just met the BMI requirements. I was approved 2 months before him. So He called. Blue Cross said, "On the last visit you talked about weight loss but you also talked about having to lower your blood pressure medication. So you need two more visits because you have to only talk about weight loss at these visits." He had to lower his effing bp medication because he was losing weight!

    I just imagine this skinny little bitch who hates her job sitting at a desk with a stamp and a pile of paper saying "NO, YES, NO, YOU NEED 35 MORE SUPERVISED VISITS FATTY! BUWAAHAHAHA!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,

    The first person I was in contact with as a surgeon reference is a BOOB - she got me started in the awesome blogging scene. I am totally planning to go to Chicago in September and I'll be 6 months banded then and become a BOOB and a Canadian BOOB BTW (they don't have enough of us).

    As I said Im in Canada so I self pay for my band as our insurance does not cover it. It costs $16,000.00 here but no jumping through hoops - I guess I would gladly do the hoops if I could have an extra $16,000.00 in my pocket for new cloths and shoe shopping - LOL.

    Good Luck and I guess when they say yes we'll be banded around the same time - so Im here for you and we can share our crazy journeys together!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!