Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2013 - I need a DO OVER!

Yep - poser bander here. Poser Blogger as well.

There is so much going on I don't even know where to begin. I know this is going to turn into a Whoa-is-me blog post and I don't want it to be.  But seriously Whoa-is-me.

So let's see.

December 29th. Yep. That was the day I was taking down all of the holiday decorations, cleaning my house like a crazy woman for HOURS.  I moved my couch out to vacuum and mop behind it.  I went into the bathroom to scrub floors.  I heard a loud POP.  Yes, a very loud POP.  And then I remember hugging the toilet because I couldn't stand up.

So I finally pulled myself up and went to the living room couch and after an hour I couldn't walk at all.  Within 2 hours, I was screaming in pain. I seriously thru my back out.

So fast forward to today. I am starting to walk again.  I have had two back epidural steroid injections so far, one MRI, One Cat Scan, and over 25 Chiro visits so far in this month a half.

For weeks, I couldn't dress myself.  I couldn't get on and off the toilet (how is that for being ladylike)?  More TMI, sure... it hurt so bad I couldn't go #2 in the bathroom because it meant I would have to use muscles.  I cried and screamed in pain.

We finally figured out I have two bulging discs, two herniated discs and severe nerve compression.  I think the nerves compressed were the kicker.  Oh and the lovely CT Scan discovered a huge cyst on my right kidney.  I haven't even gotten around to that one yet because of my back.  

So today - post chiro and first massage I was released to walk around my block. Yippee.  So we ate a nice dinner and then walked for about a mile which winded me. Sad.  I have been SO sedentary and my body is not used to moving.

I am getting married in 53 flipping days and I wasn't sure if A) I could even walk down the aisle & B) I was going to have to cancel my dream honeymoon to Italy because there is a ton of walking.

So I think A is covered.  B) will happen but I am sure a lot more cafe sitting and wine drinking experiences.

So this brings me to my Band.

I hit my one year Bandiversary on 2/3/13 and instead of being happy, I was in pain crying.
I only hit 63 pounds for my one year when I really expected to do better.
I am in a size 14/16 which isn't my dream but I know it's better than the 22/24 I started in.
I see 209 daily on my scale and know I was so close to breaking down to a One but blame myself over and over.
I need a fill desperately BUT I don't want one because the fat girl inside of me wants to eat like a normal (sorta) person in Italy.  I honestly battle this in my head but I am a flipping foodie and I don't want to be barfing up beautiful hand made pasta along Tuscany :(
So I am still an inner fat girl.

I have 53 days to my wedding.  I can't exercise, I eat too much, and I sit in pain.

So I just have a question... .   WTF 2013??  

I am not going to promise to be on here a lot right now because between wedding planning and doctors visits, my mind is stretched thin.

I promise I will be better post wedding.  I see there are other engagements (Andrea, Ronni!) - I am SO happy for you both.   You may know how your time gets wrapped up in the planning.

Please don't be angry I disappeared.

Oh and PS - I need a F*&King butter intervention.   And I mean it.  Something is wrong with me and butter.  Maybe that is why 209 isn't budging... ya think?

Good Night.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Thats horrible! Glad you are feeling better and I totally get not wanting a fill before you go to Italy. I have always said that I would get a big unfill the next time I go to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! Hopefully, you're able to walk down the aisle. Can't believe how frustrating and painful this must be for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saucy, oh my goodness, OW OW OW OW OW! Glad you're on the mend, and honestly, you'll be able to walk down the aisle. Maybe slowly, but you'll do it!

    And don't worry about Italy - with the walking, you should do well with your band. I went to France for 10 days and lost weight because of all the walking. Lord knows it wasn't due to any food limits on my part :)

    Hang in there, buddy! 2013 CAN and WILL get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok! 1st Im sending you good thoughts and 2nd HAPPY 1 Year Bandiversary - 63lbs is awesome!!!
    With all this other stuff going on I wouldn't worry about your band. You need to take care of the immediate to do list... Take care of your back and have your super fab wedding and go and have a magical honeymoon - you don't want to be stuck on your honeymoon even if it wasn't in Italy with all its OMG food.. and when you return the band will be waiting for you and then you can start where you left off - Thats the one BIG thing that Ive learned about my band in the last year - you can always pickup where you left off. 2013 can only get better! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been a few months since we've seen you around- hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love, I am needy!